do you remember the first time you were called annoying?
how your breath stopped short in your chest
the way the light drained from your eyes, though you knew your cheeks were ablaze
the way your throat tightened as you tried to form an argument that got lost on your tongue.
your eyes never left the floor that day.
you were 13.
you’re 20 now, and i still see the light fade from your eyes when you talk about your interests for “too long,”
apologies littering every other sentence,
words trailing off a cliff you haven’t jumped from in 7 years.
i could listen to you forever, though i know speaking for more than 3 uninterrupted minutes makes you anxious.
all i want you to know is that you deserve to be heard
for 3 minutes
for 10 minutes
for 2 hours
there will be people who cannot handle your grace, your beauty, your wisdom, your heart;
mostly because they can’t handle their own.
but you will never be
and have never been
Another way to present the 9 types of intelligence as exemplified by my How Do We Measure Intelligence post.
The basic idea is that different people are good at different things. These 9 probably don’t cover the wide range of smarts we all possess, but it’s a start.
As Albert Einstein said, ”Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
CREEPYPASTA & /NOSLEEP/ : A COLLECTION
- The Children Knew
- Abandoned by Disney
- Normal Porn for Normal People
- I’m Hungry
- The Comfy and Cozy Cabin
- The Basement
- Squidward’s Suicide
- A Warning to Those Thinking About Accessing the Shadow Web
- Patient #0017983
- For Fear Addicts Like Me
- The Dionaea House
- Box Fort
- The World’s Best School Psychologist
- Mr. Widemouth
- The Gallery of Henri Beauchamp
- NoEnd House
- Case 731-9401: A Lack of Evidence
- My Daughter is a Doll
- The Girl in the Log
- Candle Cove
- The Angel Without a Face
- Both My Parents Were Surgeons and I Used To Talk To Furniture
- Kisaragi Station
- The Art of Jacob Emory
- Grandpa’s Second Voice
- You Won’t Hear About This On The News
- White with Red (The Keyhole)
- The Smiling Man
- Wake Up
- Ted the Caver
- Where Bad Kids Go
- The Russian Sleep Experiment
- The Soul Game
- He Waits for You
- The Grifter
- The Thing That Stalks the Fields
- Boothworld Industries
- The White Face in the Window
- The Rake
- My Fear of Water
- Gateway of the Mind
- Dangerous Roads
- Next Time You’ll Know Better
- Death at 423 Stockholm Street
- You Wan See Uh Show?
- The Thump
- Guardian Angel/And I Am Always With You
Websites for when you want to:
- un-disgruntle yourself
- comfort someone
- be comforted
- go to a quiet place
- press a magic button and fix everything
- get a hug
- see something cute
- hear rain noises
- play cute games
- cut something/someone (blood)
- break something
- open a window
- have a guided relaxation
- listen to nature sounds (or here)
- do nothing for 2 minutes
- play the piano
- make cute ecards
- make cool music (ex.)
- get an idea for what to do
- avoid boredom
- watch a dream
- have a stickman adventure
This is so important!
I never know what to ask and end up looking like a fool cause I don’t have a question prepared.
Don’t be me.
- How-to Choose
- How-to Pair w/Food
- Using The Right Glass Shows You Have Class
- Basic Types of Wine
- Expanded typing of Wines
- What Temp For EachType of Wine
- Knowing Your Wine Colors
- Wine Type Descriptions
- Caloric Comparison vs. Beer
A friend once told me (while discussing wines & spirits) to learn about coffees too… " Because you’ll eventually need them, if / when you enjoy too much good spirits."How to be an Adult 201
Are you looking for natural ways to improve your mood, due to stress, anxiety, sorrow, or anger?
Our “Cheer up, Buttercup!” series lists just that! We have 56 tips to help you brighten your day. :)
- Change your Self Talk
- Don’t let negative influences stay in your life for longer than necessary
- Maintain a good Network
- Do productive things
- You don’t have to hold it all in.
- Do what you love
- Indulge yourself
- Don’t blame yourself
- Look for the silver lining
- Bask in the sun!
- Play with a pet
- Repaint or reorganize your room
- Give someone a hug
- Reach out to someone
- Fish, Brazil Nuts, and Orange Juice
- Don’t over-schedule
- Don’t forget about your health
- Connect with others
- Shop smart
- Keep a daily journal
- Listen to your favorite music
- Eat three healthy meals a day
- Gussy up
- Watch a funny movie
- Let yourself cry
- Take a hot shower
- Call up an old friend
- Believe in yourself!
- Dye your hair
- Make your bed
- Wear something you really like
- Do something for someone else
- Get some new ideas
- Be thankful
- Listen to inspiring, upbeat music
- Make a list of quotes and lyrics that inspire you
- Make a list of places you’d like to visit, or things you’d like to do within your lifetime
- Bake or cook your favorite dish
- Watch silly daytime television
- Play a video game or a board game with friends
- Write letters to your best friends and send them if you wish to
- Start drawing, or a create a collage of how you’re feeling
- Place a blanket in the dryer and wrap it around yourself
- Make a cup of tea/coffee
- Look up and learn breathing techniques
- Run yourself a warm bath and fill it with aromatherapy oils
- Paint your nails
- Pray or Meditate
- Take photographs of something that catches your eye
- Look up funny cats and dogs on Youtube.
- Fill in a CBT ABC worksheet or something similar
- Invest in a punching bag
TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI
- 1: What are you wearing?
- 2: Ever been in love?
- 3: Ever had a terrible breakup?
- 4: How tall are you?
- 5: How much do you weigh?
- 6: Any tattoos do you want?
- 7: Any piercings that you want?
- 8: OTP?
- 9: Favorite Show?
- 10: Favorite bands?
- 11: Something you miss?
- 12: Favorite song?
- 13: How old are you?
- 14: Zodiac sign?
- 15: Hair Color?
- 16: Favorite Quote?
- 17: Favorite singer?
- 18: Favorite color?
- 19: Loud music or soft?
- 20: Where do you go when you're sad?
- 21: How long does it take you to shower?
- 22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
- 23: Ever been in a physical fight?
- 24: Turn on?
- 25: Turn off?
- 26: The reason I joined Tumblr?
- 27: Fears?
- 28: Last thing that made you cry?
- 29: Last time you cried?
- 30: Meaning behind your url
- 31: Last book you read?
- 32: Last song you listened to?
- 33: Last show you watched?
- 34: Last person you talked to?
- 35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted?
- 36: Favorite food?
- 37: Place you want to visit?
- 38: Last place you were?
- 39: Do you have a crush?
- 40: Last time you kissed someone?
- 41: Last time you were insulted and what was it?
- 42: What color underwear are you wearing?
- 43: What color shirt are you wearing?
- 44: What color bottoms are you wearing?
- 45: Wearing any bracelets?
- 46: Last sport you played?
- 47: Last song you sang?
- 48: Last prank call you remember doing?
- 49: Last time you hung out with anyone?
- 50: Favorite movie?